Everybody is different, and health care needs change as we age and/or grow into families. Our healthcare plan is self-funded and offers major medical coverage with the freedom of choice in medical providers. This helps employees take a “customized” approach to their individual and family healthcare needs. Exempt employees are eligible to participate on their date of hire and hourly employees on their 91st day of employment. The plan has the following features:
- Three deductible levels
- Dental Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Prescription Drug Plan
Flexible Spending Accounts
Employees can use pre-tax dollars to pay for certain medical or dependent care expenses.
- Medical Reimbursement Account (125k)
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Account (129k)
A company-paid benefit that provides a steady income in the event of a disability.
- Short-Term (70% of base monthly pay)
- Long-Term (70% of base monthly pay)
Life Insurance Program
Two programs offered that help protect your family from sudden loss of income in the event of your death.
- Term Life (employee only)
- Whole Life (employee, spouse, children, grandchildren)
Our retirement planning blends the traditional company-funded pension plan with a 401K plan for a dual-sided approach to maximize your success in retirement. Employees are eligible to participate in the Retirement Plan at the beginning of the calendar quarter providing they are at least 20 ½ years of age and have completed one year of service in which a minimum of 1,000 hours were worked. Entry dates are the 1st day of the next quarter after meeting eligibility requirements.
Colony Brands, Inc. Pension Plan (Defined Benefit)
- Automatic entry into plan without making monetary contributions.
- Benefits are 100% company-funded.
- Employees receive a defined dollar amount of benefits based on a specific formula.
- 100% vested in benefit after five years of service (year of service = calendar year in which a minimum of 1,000 hours are worked).
Colony Brands, Inc. Retirement Savings/401(k) Plan (Defined Contribution)
- Employees can contribute 1% to 100% of eligible compensation, not to exceed the maximum annual deferral limit set by the IRS. You have three options:
- Traditional 401(k) = pre-tax contributions
- Roth 401(k) = after-tax contributions
- Contribute to one, the other, or both
- Company matching contributions of 100% on the first 3% of deferrals and 50% on the next 2% of deferrals.
- Immediate 100% vesting in company match
- 15 investment options
Time Off Benefits
Depending on length of service, employees receive anywhere from seventeen (17) to thirty-seven (37) days of paid PTO on January 1st of each year.
Employees receive seven paid holidays.
Four-Day Work Weeks
A unique benefit that provides employees with seven, four-day workweeks during the months of April – August. Employees work four, nine-hour days (Monday – Thursday), receive four hours bonus pay, and have Fridays off. These usually fall around traditional long weekends, like Labor Day and Memorial Day, allowing you to conserve your PTO for another time.
Emergency Services Pay
The company will allow an authorized employee up to forty hours of paid time each year for duties associated with emergency services activities (does not include training programs or meeting times). Compensation will not exceed 100% of pay.
Employees receive three consecutive days of bereavement pay for qualified family members.
Jury Duty Pay
Employees who are officially summoned for jury duty during their work hours will be compensated.
Leave of Absence
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Personal Leave
- Military Leave (USERRA)
Secondary Benefit Programs
Employee Discount Program
- 35-50% off catalog purchases, depending on length of service
- 25% off purchases at any of our outlet stores
- 70% off - Special Employee Sales
PC Purchase Program
Purchase a PC unit with a small down payment and have the remaining payments spread over a three year period, interest free.
Educational Assistance Program
Employees may enhance their skill levels by taking job-related courses at an accredited educational institution or by entering into a degree program.
- Approved Degree Programs – Paid 100% by the company.
- Approved Course Work – Receive up to $2,500 per calendar year for registration, tuition, laboratory, and textbook fees.
*Benefit information listed on this site does not represent a full or comprehensive list, and does not include all conditions of the benefits. Company benefits are subject to change. In order to fully understand the benefits offered, actual benefit plan documents should be reviewed.